Nature is the best therapy one can have. Every one of us is having a busy and hectic schedule which gets quite stressful at times. So we need an escape sometimes to feel relaxed from this everyday scheduled work and other responsibilities. Words fail to describe the beauty of nature sometimes, you need to witness it only through your eyes and have best of memories for lifetime. Himachal Pradesh is such a place where you get to witness the unearthly beauty of nature. This place is a mixture of lush greenery of forests, white snows of mountains combined with fresh air and clear blue sky.
Himachal Pradesh is a northern Indian states situated in the Himalayas. Himachal Pradesh is known as the land of snows. There are many hill stations, towns, remote villages, wildlife sanctuaries, national parks and lakes, which are fascinating. Some of which captures the Tibetan touch in it. This place has a surreal beauty you have never imagined before witnessing it. If you are going to Himachal Pradesh for a holiday, you should never miss some places there. Keep reading to check which those places are.
- Kullu– You can first start with this place Kullu. It is frequently named with other two places i.e. Shimla and Manali. It is a unique tourist spot known for Great Himalayan Ranges, serene nature, hill station and temples. It is situated on the banks of river Beas. This place is known as the ‘Valley of Gods’. It has another name too i.e. Kulanthpitha which means ‘the end of habitable world’ which sounds quite intriguing, right? The major attractions in Kullu are BasheshwarMahadev Temple, Great Himalayan National Park, Roghunath Temple, Manikaran, Sultanpur Palace, Kasol, Bhirgu Lake, and Parvati Valley. You can stay there for one or two days to explore the place. If you are a bit adventurous here are some options to consider the adventurous sports like trekking, mountaineering, river rafting, skiing and Para gliding.
- Manali– Next you come to Manali which is also an incredible spot to witness snow-capped beautiful mountains. It is located 6726 feet altitude in the mountain of Himalaya. You can visit this place throughout the year and witness the beauty of nature. The alpines trees including plum, deodar, alpine, apple, pine, pear orchards in the mountain covered with snows and the scenic beauty of the meadows is incredible view if you get an opportunity to see those. The main tourist attractions of this place are Sanctuary of Manali, Dam of PandohHidimba Devi Temple, BijliMahadev and the Mall of Manali.
If you visit Manali, you cannot miss Rohtang Pass, the highest point in Manali, located in the 4000 mitre altitude. Solang valley is covered with lush Greenfield which is also a must watch if you are in this place, this is also a place for the skiing lovers as it has the slopes nearby which is best for skiing. If you love wildlife and forests you should never miss the National Park of Great Himalayas. On top of that, if you love adventurous sports wide range of activity sports are available here like river rafting, trekking, paragliding, etc. The best trekking options for both amateurs and experienced trekkers are The Trek to Bhrigu Lake, Beas Kund, Chandra Taland Malana.
- Shimla– Next comes to Shimla which unfold the spellbinding beauty and for that it was considered as the summer capital of the British. The British influence in this city is very much evident if you see closely. The enchanting view of snow-capped mountain with lakes and rich greenery outside is a rare mixture. If you do not mind chilling cold you can visit this place any time of the year. Each and every season has different unfold different types ofbeauty of this place. In the summer, you will get a pleasant charm of this place whereas in monsoon you will witness the lush greenery of mountains. Autumn is a time when you can explore nature and cultural heritage hand in hand. In the peak winter season the attraction of the travellers is the enchanting thick cover of snowy mountains which also pulls many skiers all over the world.
The best touristy spots you have to discover if are visiting Shimla which mostly have colonial imprints such as Christ Church, George Castle and Wildflower Hall. The most visited temples are Jakhoo Temple and Tara Devi Temple in Shimla. While travelling to a place everyone buys memento for near ones from that place, in Shimla that place is Mall road displaying traditional crafts and dresses in different shops. Chadwick Waterfalls and Daranghati Sanctuary are two more attractive places to visit. Kufri has the great place for ski lovers as it has great slopes. You can opt for Shimla Manali tour package if you want.
- Chamba– Chamba is best known for its temples and historical heritage like forts. It is also known as a place of pilgrimage. It islocated in the bank of Ravi river. Themajor attractionsof this place are AkhandChandi Place, BaniMata, Lakshmi Narayan Temples, Chanmunda Devi Temple, Champavati Temple, Bhuri Singh Museum.
- Khajjar– Khajjar is located in the Chamba district only located near Dalhousie. If you want to witness fascinating views of lakes, green fields and forest, this is the best place. You can do camping here if you are fond of exploring new things.
- Vasisht– Vashisht is in 3 kilometre distance from Manali. It has temples created with sandstone and spring hot water containingsulphur which attracts most of the tourists. It is like a small village containing cheapest hotels because of these things the international crowd is higher in this place. Vashisht is also known as pilgrimage site for Hindus as it has many Hindudeities’ temples like Lord Vishnu, Sita, Rama and Lakshman.
- Dallhousie– Dallhousie has the imprints of British rule as it has many heritage buildings of 19thIt is located in 1970 meters in Himachal Pradesh and a popular hill station for its own beauty. JhandriGhat, Rang Mahal,Shivkul Ashram,St Andrews Church,St.Patrick’s Church,Chamunda Devi Temple, and KalatopWildlife sanctuary are the attractions of this place.
- Dharamshala– Dharamshala is known for Tibetan imprints in their architecture. The best places to visit there is NamgayalMonastry,Kangra Fort, attractions of Macleodgang.
- Kasol and Kasauli– Kasauli is famous for spectacular natural view and health resort. The major attractions of this place Kasauli Brewery and Sunset point.Kasol is located nearby Parvati River and here happens the best trek of life.
The other attractive places in Himachal are Chitkul, Manikaran, Kalpa, Dhankar,Kaza, Malana, Una, etc.
Every place is unique in beauty in Himachal Pradesh. Go for a trip as fast as you can.