This particular Middle Eastern country has some of the most amazing places in the world that are bound to be a tourist’s delight. Not sure what we are talking about? Take a look at our top 5 places to visit in Jordan down below.
- Petra-Ever wanted to explore a 2000-year-old city that had been carved out of the mountains? Well, you are in luck if you decide to visit Petra in Jordan. This amazing place was hidden from the modern people for over 200 years before it was discovered again. Once you visit it, you will understand why people consider it as the best sightseeing place in Jordan. Not only that, it was part of the new Seven Wonders of the World, so you can get the idea how highly valued it is thought of. There is so much to explore here that you may need an extra day or two. The best part? If you happen to be a fan of Indian Jones, then you will recognize that this is the final resting place of the Holy Grail in the film “Indian Jones and the Last Crusade”
- Wadi Rum-If you are eager to explore the desert side of Jordan then Wadi Rum should be the ideal spot. Located in the south of Jordan, Wadi Rum is a vast region of natural beauty that contains rock formations, developed by years of erosion, as well as amazing dunes and mountains. You can reach this particular place either via jeeps, camels, horses or even hot air balloons. There are semi-nomadic Bedouin camps where you can stay for the night and enjoy a traditional Jordanian meal. The best part about Wadi Rum is the sunrise and the sunset which engulfs the entire region in a blanket of orange ray.
- The Dead Sea-Are you tired of all the walking and exploring done in the Petra and all the traveling was done in the Wadi Rum? Then why not go ahead to the Dead Sea and relax your tired bones next. We have heard so much about the Dead Sea and once you actually visit it, you will see why it’s called The Dead Sea. The salt concentration over there is way too high meaning no fishes or plants can survive there. It also makes it very buoyant making it impossible to drown or swim for that matter. So what do you do? Well, you just sit back and float in this water body and let that sensation rest your tired bones up. It is the perfect way to get rid of your stress and loosen up a bit.
- Ajloun Castle- If you are looking for another historic place then you should head over to the northwest side of Jordan and visit the Ajloun Castle. This was a Muslim castle that was built over 1000 years ago and its glory days have seen it protect three different Wadis. The Ajloun Castle had a postal route that was served by specially trained pigeons. Outside the main gate, you can find a museum that hosts all the ancient artifacts from the Ajloun Castle and houses all other related things. The walk to the top of the castle can be very strenuous. You will be sweat-drenched as you climb the 3km long path. But once you get there, the view will make you will feel like all that effort and energy was well worth it.
- Aqaba-This might be the place for the people who are more into traditional holiday spots. Located on the tip of the Red Sea, Aqaba happens to be the most relaxing resort in Jordan. Over there you can find the pristine sandy beaches along with the crystal clear water and the beautiful reefs. It is also the perfect place to engage in water sports activities such as diving, snorkeling, swimming, parasailing, jet skiing and so on.
Jordan is one of those countries that are greatly blessed with natural sightseeing places as well as historic sites. With many good hotel deals and tour packages available, it is the perfect country for people who want to roam around and explore new places. And the best part is, you can stay there for over a week and there would be still newer places to explore and visit.